Registration for returning EBSC members will open at 12 noon on Wednesday, September 1st - log in to the Members Only section of the website. See below for NEW members.
EBSC’s 2021/2022 season will officially begin Tuesday, September 7th at the Vancouver Aquatic Center; however, registration will initially be open for returning members only (log in to the Members Only section of the website).
Beginning September 12th, we’ll start accepting five new members each week from our waitlist (in the order they were added) on a trial basis, in a staggered approach so we don’t overwhelm our coaches or existing members, and to ensure the best experience for everyone. Interested new members will be able to register as a Trial Swimmer and join us – at no cost - for two practice workouts during a two-week period to give everyone a chance to see if EBSC is the best fit. If it is, you’ll be invited to register as a regular member.
If you would like to be placed on our waiting list, please email: email@example.com
REGISTRATION, SCHEDULE AND FEES
Fall 2021 Schedule - starting Tuesday, September 7th 2021
Our practice times have will be similar to our schedule pre-COVID (see below) and we'll be able to accommodate 36 swimmers per practice as before (6 per 25m lane and 12 per 50m lane). Members will be able to book one practice per day through TeamUp as before.
All practices are at the Vancouver Aquatic Center (VAC)
Tuesday and Thursday (Center block, 25 meters, 6 lanes)
6:15pm - 7:15pm
7:15pm - 8:15pm
Saturday (Long Course, 50 meters, 3 lanes)
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Sunday Morning (East Block, 21.7 meters, 6 lanes)
10:15am - 11:45am
Sunday Evening (Long Course, 50 meters, 2-3 lanes)
6:30pm - 8:00pm
Members pay an annual registration fee of $77.00 (a portion of which goes to Swim BC to cover insurance and other benefits) and pre-book and pay for practices in advance through our TeamUp partner.
- Booking for each practice will open 6 days and 12 hours in advance. Practices may be booked until a half hour before start time.
- The cost per practice will be $7.50 (subject to change) and members may purchase 4-practice packs for $30 +GST. *NEW* 30 Day passes will also be available for $75.00 + GST. Similar to our previous monthly passes, except more flexible: 30 Day passes will start anytime and not only at the beginning of the month.
- Per swim practice fees are non-refundable if not cancelled 24 hours prior unless you are feeling ill or are required to self-isolate.
- Members who regularly late-cancel or no-show booked practices (unless due to illness) may have their swimming privileges suspended or revoked
- Fully booked practices will have a waitlist you can join. If there is a cancellation, members on the waitlist will be emailed and given the opportunity to book (on a first come, first serve basis) until the practice closes.
- Do not come to the VAC unless you are confirmed for a practice in TeamUp.
AT THE POOL
Members must not swim if they feel unwell. Please complete the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool prior to practice.
- Please note, per the recent Provincial Health Order, as of September 13th, people in British Columbia will be required to be partially vaccinated with at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine to access certain businesses and events including indoor high-intensity group fitness activities such as Masters Swimming with EBSC. As of Oct. 24, people in British Columbia will be required to be fully immunized, at least seven days after receiving two doses of COVID-19 vaccine, to access the same list of businesses and events.
- Also, per the recent Provincial Health Order, masks are mandatory for indoor public spaces (at the VAC during check-in, in the changerooms and on deck prior to the start of practice) for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated
- Swimmers will meet the EBSC check-in volunteer (locations to be confirmed) to be checked-in no later than 10 minutes prior to practice.
- Swimmers who are not checked-in will NOT be allowed to attend practice – NO EXCEPTIONS and there will be NO REFUNDS
- Members are not be allowed to swim in place of someone who cannot attend their reserved spot, or show up as a drop-in
- Swimmers will be allowed to use change rooms and lockers.
- After changing, swimmers will meet on deck on the North Side (Guard Office side) of the Center (Tue, Thu), at the South Side of the West Block (Sat, Sun evening) or South Side of the East block (Sun morning).
- Swimmers will able to bring their bags, backpacks and equipment (pull-buoys, paddles, fins and kickboards) on deck to be stored near the wall during practice.
• BC Provincials Champs 2010 & 2016
• MSABC League Trophy 2009, 2010, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2019
• Provincial Records (currently held) - 115
• National Records (currently held) - 8