MASTERS 101 WAIVER - please read the waiver and sign at the bottom. Note that it involves potential information release to MSABC/Swim BC/Swim Canada, our governing bodies.
EBSC Waiver/release Agreement form
The purpose of this waiver is to preclude any claim arising out of my participation in the activities of English Bay Swim Club (hereafter “EBSC”). In consideration of the training, coaching and facilities provided to me by EBSC:
- I agree that I will not make any claim for loss, damage, injury or expense, including any claim based on negligence or breach of contract, against EBSC, its members, executive members, volunteers, trainers, coaches, sponsors, officials or the owners, staff or operators of any recreational facilities used by EBSC.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless EBSC and those individuals and organizations set out in the preceding paragraph from any claims for loss, damage, injury or expense associated with my participation in activities and events sponsored or sanctioned by EBSC.
- I declare I am 19 years of age or older and I have read and understood the terms of this waiver.
- I understand that the personal information during the registration will be used for purposes of advising me of EBSC activities and that the information will be provided to the Master Swimming Associations of BC and Canada so that they may provide me and EBSC with services and information.
- I agree that my name, email address and phone number may be used on a contact list and distributed to EBSC members.
- I agree that EBSC may use photos of me when it publishes information about the Club in various media, including press releases, newsletters and EBSC on-line content (web pages, facebook, etc), but will seek my consent if my name is to be used for tagging or otherwise.
Masters Swimming Association of British Columbia Waiver/Release Agreement
- I understand that there are risks and dangers inherent in participating and/or receiving instruction in Masters Swimming, hereinafter "Activity". I also understand that in order to be allowed to participate and/or receive instruction in Activity, I must give up my rights to hold The Masters Swimming Association of British Columbia liable for any injury or damage which I may suffer while participating and/or receiving instruction in Activity.
- Knowing this, and in consideration of being permitted to participate and/or receive instruction in Activity, I hereby voluntarily release The Masters Swimming Association of British Columbia from any and all liability resulting from or arising out of my participation and/or receipt of instruction in Activity.
- I understand and agree that I am releasing not only the entities set forth in the paragraph above, but also the officers, agents, and employees of those entities.
- I understand and agree that this Waiver/Release will have the effect of releasing, discharging, waiving and forever relinquishing any and all actions or causes of action that I may have or have had, whether past, present or future, whether known or unknown, and whether anticipated or unanticipated by me, arising out of my participation and/or receipt of instruction in Activity, except for the acts or omissions of The Masters Swimming Association of British Columbia, its officers, agents or employees which are found to be negligent by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- I understand and agree that this Waiver/Release applies to personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death which I may suffer, even if caused by the acts or omissions of others.
- I understand and agree that by signing this Waiver/Release, I am assuming full responsibility for any and all risk of death or personal injury or property damage suffered by me while participating and/or receiving instruction in Activity.
- I understand and agree that this Waiver/Release will be binding on me, my spouse, my heirs, my personal representatives, my assignees, my children and any guardian ad litem for said children.
- I understand and agree that by signing this Waiver/Release, I am agreeing to release, indemnify and hold The Masters Swimming Association of British Columbia (MSABC), its officers, agents or employees harmless from any and all liability or costs, including attorneys fees, associated with or arising from my participation and/or receipt of instruction in Activity.
I acknowledge that I have read this Waiver/Release Agreement and that I understand the words and language in it. I have been advised of the potential dangers incidental to participating and/or receiving instruction in Activity.